Richik is a courtroom advocate, boardroom strategist, and collaborative leader who directs commercial, consumer, and cybersecurity litigation for entities of all sizes. He is a nationally recognized class action litigator and a former chief privacy officer for a $65 million company.
Richik advises and advocates for clients working in media, technology, utility, real estate, finance, retail, and other industries concerning risk and crisis management and regularly speaks on issues related to ESG, cyber insurance, cybersecurity and data privacy, corporate and governance strategy, policy management, and regulatory investigations.
Richik also has experience resolving civil investigative demands and disputes involving the FTC Act; the TCPA; the ADA; state and federal corruption and trade practices statutes; state and federal consumer protection and UDAP laws; fraud; negligence; breach of fiduciary duty; breach of contract; and conspiracy theories.
Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America®, an Ohio Super Lawyer®, and on Lawyers of Color’s “Nation’s Best” list, Richik’s specializes in:
Directing commercial and consumer litigation – including shareholder and class action litigation – across the country for retailers, financial institutions, small and middle-market companies, and manufacturers.
Handling federal, state, and internal investigations and litigation related to ESG, fraud, unfair and deceptive practices, false advertising, cybersecurity issues, and data privacy violations.
Counseling companies and boards about their cybersecurity and data privacy duties, insurance, risks, and protocols.
Advising small, middle market, and Fortune 500 clients on legal and business strategies concerning innovation, expansion, ESG, shareholder disputes, access to capital, trademarks, copyrights, and patents and, if necessary, connecting them with other resources to solve their problems.
In short, Richik deploys his knowledge and experience to help his clients achieve their goals and leverages his network to provide bespoke commercial judgement, legal intelligence, and strategic vision.
- Case Western Reserve University (J.D., 1998)
- University of Michigan (M.S.W., 1994)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1993)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Law360 Privacy & Consumer Protection Editorial Advisory Board, 2017
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), fellow, 2017
- LCLD Fellows Alumni Executive Council, Outreach Committee vice-chair, 2018–2019; chair, 2019–2020, Advocacy Committee vice-chair, 2020-2021; chair, 2021-2022
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, member
- South Asian Bar Association of North America, member
- South Asian Bar Association of Ohio, President
- Asian American Bar Association of Ohio, Board member
- Eighth District Judicial Conference, lifetime member
- William K. Thomas Inn of Court
- Secretary/treasurer (2007 - 2008)
- Executive Committee, member at large (2005 - 2007)
- American Bar Association, member
- Business Law Section; administrative director, Cyberspace Law
- Business Law Section; administrative director, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, member
- Board of Trustees (2011 - 2014)
- Ohio State Bar Association, At-Large delegate to Council of Delegates (2007 - 2009)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee, Steering Committee
- Internal Investigations & Regulatory Litigation, Chair
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- Government Affairs Council
- Middle Market Committee
- Equity & Inclusion Division - Board member
- 50 Club of Cleveland
- Leadership Cleveland 2015 Class vice president
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Cleveland prime member
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (2021)
- Crain’s 2022 Notables in Law
- Lawyers of Color’s Nation's Best List (2019)
- "Who to Watch in Law," Crain's Cleveland Business (2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2013 - 2019; 2021-2022)
- Ohio Super Lawyers (2012 - present)
- Business Litigation (2021)
- Consumer Law
- Appellate, Civil Litigation: Defense, Banking, and General Litigation