Minority Business Enterprise Webinar Series: Adapting to a Changed World
Adapting to a Changed World
Practical Ways Minority-Owned Business Can Survive (and Even Thrive) in a Post-COVID-19 World
As we cautiously assess plans to emerge from the pandemic, business operations are likely to look very different.
Successful businesses will be the ones that learn to adapt — those willing to evaluate current business models, how they position themselves in the market, and how their current operations can be improved to ensure the safety of their employees and customers.
Adapting to a Changed World is a four-part webinar series presented by Dinsmore attorneys, in collaboration with the African American Chamber of Commerce, the Minority Business Accelerator and the Minority Supplier Development Council, designed to equip minority-owned businesses with practical legal insights and strategies to assess, adapt, and reposition for success.
Presented over two weeks, these webinars will explain how to negotiate with key stakeholders, navigate new tax provisions, learn strategies for creating a safe workplace, and understand the value of strategic partnerships.
Surviving a Changed World – Taking Advantage of Options to Protect Your Business
Navigating the New Tax Provisions
Tuesday, June 2 • 12:00 pm / ET
Presented by: Kelvin Lawrence
Learn how to navigate:
- Employee retention credits;
- Payroll tax deferral;
- Net operating loss changes and carry back;
- Excess loss limitations; and
- Interest deductibility.
Negotiating with Key Stakeholders
Thursday, June 4 • 12:00 pm / ET
Presented by: Kim Martin Lewis and Lenny Asaro
Learn more about:
- Reviewing loans/lines of credit and dealing with banks;
- Managing and negotiating with vendors and creditors; and
- Landlord/tenant/business licensing consideration.
Thriving in a Changed World – Preparing for Future Success
Practical Employment Considerations for a Returning Workforce
Monday, June 8 • 12:00 pm / ET
Presented by: JT Wilson, III and Jessica Chang
Learn more about:
- Staggering return dates;
- Limiting customer in-person interactions; and
- Creating a safe work environment.
Creating Effective Alliances and Partnerships
Thursday, June 11 • 12:00 pm / ET
Presented by: Allan Daily and Darrin Redus
Learn more about creative and alternative approaches to grow your business and add value to your clients in these uncertain times including:
- Leveraging technology to create new revenue streams;
- Re-imagining competitors as potential collaborators;
- Forming strategic partnerships to pivot to new markets; and
- Demystifying partnering agreements.