Brian is the chair of the Litigation Department, but more importantly, he is an experienced trial lawyer. He represents clients in matters involving commercial disputes, discrimination, fiduciary litigation, intellectual property, negligence, and all varieties of insurance-related litigation. He also handles aviation-related litigation, having tried both administrative cases before the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), as well as liability cases in courts throughout the region.
He analyzes an issue from every angle and recognizes the course to get his clients from point A to point B – whether via an alternative method to resolution, a settlement or going to trial. Clients look to Brian for representation due to his perseverance and tenacity. He approaches his clients’ matters with the strategizing, strength, determination and mental toughness he does in his personal accomplishments – dedicating the same time, effort, pain and joy into cases he did when he completed numerous IronMan competitions.
As a respected leader within the firm, Brian serves on the Board of Directors, as well as the Executive Committee, playing an important role in shaping the firm’s future. He also serves as the firm’s general counsel, and he has experience advising on ethics, lawyer liability issues, state bar investigations and malpractice claims.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1988)
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., 1985)
- Southern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio
- Western District of Michigan
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Hamilton County Public Defenders Commission
- Leadership Cincinnati, Class XXXIV
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Faculty Member
- Hamilton County Republican Party Judicial Screening Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Grievance Committee
- National Business Aviation Association
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation
- Selected as a Cincy Leading Lawyer by Cincy Magazine