Our attorneys’ experience and understanding of antitrust issues and compliance enables us to manage the implications, so our clients can focus on their business.
We are proactive. By counseling on pricing strategies, mergers, distribution policies, trade association activities and other situations businesses regularly face, our attorneys help clients develop and implement antitrust compliance policies and procedures, conduct periodic antitrust audits, and offer training for personnel who face potential antitrust issues.
Here are just a few ways in which we counsel clients:
- Analyze corporate mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures to spot potential Clayton Act problems and handle Hart-Scott-Rodino pre-merger filings;
- Advise banking and financial institutions on sales and mergers, including antitrust analysis mandated by government agencies as part of the regulatory approval process;
- Advise hospitals and physicians with antitrust issues, including staffing privileges, peer reviews, managed care companies, information exchanges and more;
- Compliance with the Robinson-Patman Act in regard to price discrimination;
- Litigation of a variety of antitrust matters, including Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice or state attorney general investigations and proceedings, monopolization or restraint of trade issues, contested mergers and acquisitions, unfair competition and deceptive advertising matters, breaches of non-competition agreements and antitrust counterclaims in patent infringement cases; and
- Represent business and individual officers in criminal antitrust grand jury proceedings, including negotiating immunity orders, joint defense agreements and plea agreements.
U.S. corporations face increased scrutiny and enforcement activity by federal, state and foreign antitrust officials, including government criminal prosecutions and lawsuits seeking injunctive relief and disgorgement of profits. Additionally, the prevalence of private treble-damage lawsuits by competitors, customers and suppliers show that any business activity can have potential antitrust violations, making it more important than ever to understand antitrust laws.
Our experienced team of lawyers counsels our clients to help them comply with the law, mitigate risk and avoid situations creating potential liability. We provide the help companies need to fully understand the antitrust laws and compliance.