Cory concentrates his practice on intellectual property law with a focus on patent application preparation and prosecution both in the United States and abroad. Additionally, he advises clients on the patentability, freedom to practice, acquisition and licensing of technical innovations. His work spans a variety of industries and technologies, including chemical/materials, pharmaceuticals, mechanical, biomedical and software/electrical. Furthermore, Cory has experience counseling many different client needs, from those of large Fortune 500 corporations to small startup companies.
Prior to law school, he conducted research in nanotechnology at Purdue University, developing materials with favorable thermal conductivity for use in microprocessors. Additionally, while in law school he authored an article about the intersection of U.S. patent law, antitrust law and drug regulatory scheme, which has been cited in the law treatise IP and Antitrust. Finally, when not cheering on the Fighting Irish football team, Cory currently serves as the vice-chairman of the Notre Dame Club of Cincinnati Lawyers Section.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, Business Editor
- University of Notre Dame (B.S., 2008)
- Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Notre Dame Club of Greater Cincinnati