Bob Olson is a member of the Corporate Department, and has many years of experience in corporate, merger and acquisitions and securities law. He has managed the legal aspects of more than 40 merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions across a broad variety of industries. Bob's experience also includes regularly advising public company boards of directors and management on the legal issues they face, including compliance with federal securities laws, corporate governance and general business issues.
Bob joined the firm in 2008 after 19 years as a public company General Counsel. Most recently, he was Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Chiquita Brands International, Inc. for 11 years, with responsibility for all global legal matters. Previously, he spent 16 years with The Penn Central Corporation, the last eight as its Senior Vice President and General Counsel. Bob began his career with nine years at the New York City law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore, and worked for two years in its Paris office.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1970)
- Managing Board of the Virginia Law Review
- Williams College (B.A., cum laude, 1967)
- With honors in history
- New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, past Adjunct Professor of Law
- Cincinnati Opera Association, Trustee and past Board President
- Cincinnati Museum Center, Trustee Emeritus and past Chairman of the Board
- Cincinnati Historical Society, past President
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List when a public company General Counsel