Tom is the office managing partner of Dinsmore's Columbus office, head of the Finance Committee and serves on the firm’s Board of Directors.
For more than 30 years, he has served clients in virtually all areas of public finance, dividing his time between traditional governmental bond and note issues and conduit financings for numerous tax-exempt organizations and for-profit entities.
Tom has experience as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, trustee's counsel and issuer counsel for a variety of tax-exempt and taxable debt transactions, including those involving utilities, public schools, counties & municipal corporations, independent K-12 schools, hospitals, long-term care facilities, senior living communities and other 501(c)(3) organizations.
He is known for finding creative solutions to issues that arise during a transaction and his personal attention and responsiveness to his clients' needs.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1985)
- Albion College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1982)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Associations
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyers by Columbus CEO magazine (2014, 2017)