Courtney knows firsthand the importance of being responsive and ready for whatever challenge comes next. Before becoming a lawyer, Courtney spent over 16 years as a firefighter and paramedic. Now, as a litigator, Courtney emphasizes being responsive to clients and finding ways to help them overcome whatever challenges may stand between them and a favorable outcome.
Licensed in Ohio and Indiana, Courtney’s practice includes breach of contract and other business disputes. She also draws on her medical background to defend businesses against personal injury and other liability claims.
In her career as a firefighter and paramedic, Courtney maintained such certifications as Health and Safety Officer, Hazardous Materials Technician, and Airport Rescue Firefighter. Courtney was also an educator, holding instructor certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), First Aid, and CPR.
Courtney is an active member of the Dayton Bar Association. Courtney attended law school at the University of Dayton and received both a Bachelor of Science degree and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Indiana State University.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2022)
- CALI Award for Excellence: Constitutional Law I, Civil Procedure I, Civil Trial Practice, Externship, Business Organizations, Bar Practice & Process, Real Property II
- Dean’s Fellow
- Indiana State University (M.P.A., 2018)
- Public Health
- Indiana State University (B.S., 2016)
- General Studies
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio