The Employer’s Toolkit: Pregnancy Discrimination: New Rules, New Challenges
How will you handle Pregnancy Discrimination?
The EEOC’s interpretation of the Pregnancy Discrimination Act as set forth in its controversial 2014 Guidance created new obligations for employers. At our Columbus Breakfast Briefing, we will provide you with an update on the Supreme Court’s interpretation of that EEOC Guidance, and insight to help you to understand your company’s obligations in light of the important Young v. UPS decision.
Our 90-minute program will cover:
- The impact of the Supreme Court’s Young v. UPS ruling
- Prohibitions under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- ADAAA’s accommodation and non-discrimination requirements and the definition of disability to pregnancy-related impairments
- Legal requirements affecting pregnant workers, including FMLA
- When does accommodation become unreasonable and therefore unnecessary?
- Where and when do state laws come into play?
- Best practices for employers to avoid discrimination claims
Seating is limited
Please respond by Wednesday, April 29 to reserve your space.
Applications for HRCI credit have been submitted.