Bob’s practice focuses primarily on banking and finance, real estate and land use. He has extensive experience negotiating, documenting, and closing business transactions. For years he represented a number of homeowner associations, and for more than three decades was busily handling commercial and business litigation. He has the privilege of representing many national, regional, and community banks and financial institutions making real estate secured loans, providing assistance confirming their priorities of title, coordinating title searches, obtaining appropriate title coverage, reviewing entitlements and other related matters.
Bob has been highly involved in community matters, having been a board member of a community planning advisory group to the City of San Diego for almost a decade, a past president of the Del Mar/Solana Beach Rotary Club, a board member of the Torrey Pines Association (promoting and raising funds for the Torrey Pines State Reserve) and a liaison to the Los Penasquitos Lagoon Foundation. Early in his career he served as a judge pro tem for the Courts in San Diego, taught commercial law at a local law school and also taught litigation and civil procedure for a paralegal program at another local college.
- University of California, Davis, School of Law (J.D., 1978)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A., with high honors, 1972)
- Governor’s Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell