Dinsmore has extensive experience representing all types and sizes of banking and financial institutions with issues arising under the numerous state and federal financial institution laws. We serve as general and special counsel to community, state and national banks, credit unions, state and federal thrifts, and bank and thrift holding companies.
Our clients look to us for assistance with all types of transactions, corporate and business consulting, strategic planning, capital formation, bank formation and state and federal securities issues, all of which require compliance with complex federal and state laws and regulations. We bring to our clients knowledge of and experience in these laws and experience in working with all of the federal and state agencies that regulate financial institutions. The professional relationships that we have developed with these agencies have proven invaluable to our clients.
Our financial institution and financial services include:
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Acquisitions and mergers (bank and non-bank)
- Holding company formation and corporate reorganization
- Corporate strategic planning and governance
- Securities Act reporting and compliance
- General business consulting
- Public and private capital formation
- Executive compensation and employee benefits
- Shareholder and investor relations
- Anti-takeover counseling and representation
- Branch formations, acquisitions and sales
- De novo banking activities
- Business expansion into non-bank activities
Our attorneys work closely with our clients and/or their in-house counsel in dealing with the wide variety of legal and business issues facing financial institutions today, including the passage of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, representing the most ambitious and thorough regulatory reform of the laws governing the financial industry since the Great Depression.