Forward-thinking and business-minded, Christian has built a practice of advising clients on a variety of complex issues in an ever-changing, fast-paced corporate world. He focuses on achieving client objectives by providing sound strategic advice in the areas of corporate, banking, and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, federal securities law compliance, public and private stock offerings, venture capital and private equity, capital formation, regulatory compliance, and general corporate governance matters.
Christian has significant experience servicing financial sector clients ranging from multi-billion dollar public financial institutions to community banks and thrifts. He counsels financial institutions in strategic growth planning, holding company formation, M&A transactions, and other critical situations and has a broad range of experience in complex transactional, securities, regulatory, governance and compliance matters impacting this highly regulated and ever-evolving sector. Christian also guides venture capitalists through the various stages of financing their investments, including fund formation, rapid growth financing, and exit transactions.
He has been a resource for the firm’s leadership covering the impact of Dodd-Frank Act regulations on the firm’s financial sector clients. Currently, he serves on the firm's Board of Directors.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, he served as general counsel for The Ohio Division of Financial Institutions working on various regulatory and corporate matters pertaining to state-chartered financial institutions.
- New York Law School (J.D., with high honors)
- Dean’s List
- Dean’s Leadership Award
- National Order of the Barrister
- Moot Court Association, vice chair
- Rutgers University (B.S.)
- New York
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, mentor
- Hispanic National Bar Association, member; executive committee, national vice president - membership; former Region 10 president
- Ohio Rising Stars®
- Top Lawyers by Columbus CEO magazine
- “Top Latino Lawyers of 2019” by Latino Leader Magazine
- Lawyers of Color Power List (2020)
- HNBA Top Lawyers Under 40 Award (2020)
- Columbus Business First 40 Under 40 (2020)
- Best Lawyers in Columbus by Columbus CEO magazine