Frederick J. Caspar is the Dayton Office Managing Partner and Chair of the Taxation Practice Group. Fred concentrates his practice in the area of federal income taxation, including structuring business organizations, acquisitions, divestitures, exchanges, reorganizations, workouts, and syndications. Fred also works extensively on gift, estate and succession planning, being listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Tax Law; Trusts and Estates; Corporate Law; Litigation & Controversy – Tax; and Litigation - Trusts & Estates.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1980)
- Order of the Coif
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- The Ohio State Law Journal, Member
- Wright State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1977)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association, Former Chair of the Tax Committee
- American Bar Association's Section of Taxation, Member; Former Chair of the Proposed and Temporary Regulations Subcommittee of the S Corporation Committee
- Board of Advisors for the Warren, Gorham & Lamont publication "Business Entities", Member
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List
- Named to The Dayton Business Journals "Who's Who in Law"
- Named the Best Lawyers'® 2014 Dayton Litigation - Trust & Estates "Lawyer of the Year"