Jason’s practice focuses on representing employers in all aspects related to the workplace. He has experience litigating and advising clients in matters arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Equal Pay Act, and other state and federal employment statutes and regulations.
He also litigates non-compete and non-solicitation matters as well as cases involving alleged unpaid overtime or misclassified employees. In addition, he assists employers during investigations conducted by the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board.
Beyond employment matters, Jason also handles general business litigation and criminal cases. He has litigated everything from complex contract disputes to intentional torts. Jason has also successfully defended other lawyers and law firms in matters alleging legal malpractice.
He has extensive trial experience and has tried over 100 cases to verdict. Most recently, he successfully defended an employer at trial in a worker’s compensation retaliation case. Prior to joining the firm, Jason served as an assistant prosecuting attorney in the Warren County Prosecutor's office, where he prosecuted a wide range of criminal cases.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2007)
- Dayton Law Review, executive editor
- University of Dayton (M.P.A., 2007)
- Wilmington College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2003)
- Social and Political Studies
- Harvard University (Undergraduate Studies)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Northeast Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Warren County Bar Association, past member
- Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission, past member
- Mason High School Mock Trial Team, past coach
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)