Joe is a partner who focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters and is also a member of the Public Utilities Practice Group. He handles a wide variety of matters at the trial court and appellate levels involving contract and lease disputes, coal supply agreements, force majeure provisions, non-competition employment cases, creditors' rights, FDCPA/FCRA compliance and FDCPA/ FCRA/TCPA defense litigation, residential and commercial construction defect disputes and product liability cases.
He has extensive experience in insurance matters, issues coverage opinions for several national insurance companies and has defended complex insurance coverage and bad faith disputes under auto, property, CGL, D&O, E&O, and occupational accident insurance policies.
Joe has appeared before the 6th and 11th Circuit Courts of Appeal and in Federal and State courts in North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, Ohio and South Carolina, and he has arbitrated complex commercial cases in numerous states in the southeast. He has handled multi-million dollar serial litigation and class action lawsuits involving hundreds of parties and witnesses and also provides advice and litigation services to a variety of businesses on general commercial matters, including bankruptcy, the UCC, lender liability claims and close corporation shareholder disputes.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., 1991)
- with Honors; Articles Editor, University of Florida Law Review
- Florida State University (B.A., 1988)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for the Kentucky Super Lawyers® List
- Named to the 2016 "Top Lawyers” list by Louisville Magazine