Anne is a civil litigator with wide-ranging experience in defending multiple types of product liability claims, including automotive, industrial, agricultural and chemical products. She also handles trucking and auto accident cases, including rapid response and post-accident investigations, premises liability, breach of warranty/Lemon Law and general insurance defense. Anne has tried cases in Kentucky state and federal courts and has extensive experience in pretrial, expert witness and dispositive/Daubert motion strategy, all targeted to leverage a favorable outcome at mediation or trial. As part of her litigation practice, she serves on the firm’s in-house Medicare Secondary Payer team, which advises clients and colleagues on MSP compliance issues and best practices for resolving cases involving Medicare beneficiaries.
The second area of concentration of Anne’s practice involves her passion – horses. Whether her equine law clients need sale contracts and boarding agreements or face liability issues unique to horse owners, she advises clients from the backyard hobby owner to the large training barn. In her role as counsel for a non-profit 501(c)(3) horse rescue, she has handled corporate compliance and fundraising issues, drafted policies on social media use and revised adoption contracts and releases. In addition, she has completed mediation training provided through the Kentucky Bar Association and has a particular interest in mediating equine-related disputes. An avid rider and racing enthusiast, Anne is a member of the ASHA, USEF and the Rock Creek Riding Club.
Prior to joining Dinsmore in 2009, Anne spent the first eight years of her career practicing at Woodward Hobson & Fulton.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Western Kentucky University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1998)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Communications Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- American Saddlebred Horse Association
- United States Equestrian Federation
- Rock Creek Riding Club, board member
- Washington & Lee University Law Alumni Association
- Western Kentucky University Alumni Association
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent in Martindale-Hubbell
- Kentucky Rising Stars®