Government and school officials throughout Ohio rely on Brenda Wehmer for answers on all aspects of bond financing. Her primary focus is debt issuance for governmental issuers, including school districts, counties, municipalities, townships, and special districts as well as 501(c)(3) entities.
Ms. Wehmer has served as bond or underwriter's counsel in transactions ranging from $50,000 to $480 million.
She has extensive experience in many types of municipal financings, including tax increment financings transactions, Qualified Academy Zone Bonds and lease-purchase transactions.
Ms. Wehmer frequently speaks at seminars and conferences including the Ohio Government Finance Officers' Association annual conference, Ohio State Auditor's training sessions, Buckeye Association of School Administrators conferences and the Center for Local Government Seminar. Recent topics have included: Nuts and Bolts of Basic Governmental Debt Issuance, Tax Increment Financing, Special Assessments, Lease Purchase Financing, and The Role of Underwriter's Counsel.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of Cincinnati (M.B.A., 1988)
- University of Cincinnati (B.A., 1987)
- Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Government Finance Officers' Association
- Greater Cincinnati Government Finance Officers' Association
- Warren County Municipal League
- Center for Local Government
- Cincinnati and Ohio State Bar Associations
- Speaker, various presentations on basic Tax Exempt Financing and Tax Increment Financing
- Dress for Success Cincinnati, Board Member
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Public Finance Law