The entertainment world may be better known for its glitz and glamour, but behind the spotlights, there are a myriad of legal issues that clients must successfully navigate in order to achieve long lasting success in the industry. As one of the preeminent entertainment law firms in the Midwest, Dinsmore has extensive experience counseling entertainment clients in nearly every facet of the industry. We have represented movie and television studios, internet production studios, production companies, publishing companies, writers, musicians, event promoters, and performers on everything from general corporate matters to industry-specific concerns, such as guild and union issues, production agreements, and movie development deals. In connection with such representation, we have also handled a wide range of intellectual property matters for our clients, including copyright protection and trademark enforcement, clearance searches, product licensing, advertising, and merchandising agreements. A representative sample of our most recent notable work includes:
- Advised internet production company Maker Studios on all aspects of a $36M financing deal with Time Warner, the largest digital media joint venture of 2012;
- Drafted and negotiated a number of landmark joint venture deals for Maker Studios, including strategic partnerships with global media giant Tribeca Enterprises and well known artists Snoop Lion and The Gregory Brothers;
- Represented Academy Award nominated Screenplay writer of The Fighter;
- Negotiated life story rights of WWE Hall of Fame wrestler Bruno Sammartino; and
- Represented the Estate of Danny Whitten of Crazy Horse in a Royalty Participation Agreement with Neil Young.