Marty Dunn is a partner in the Corporate and Finance Departments, a member of the firm's Board of Directors and Chair of the Diversity Committee. He is a leader in fostering economic development through entrepreneurial alliances involving for-profit, non-profit and governmental entities. Marty represents closely held and large companies in connection with business structuring, acquisitions, and commercial loan transactions. He provides strategic counsel to clients through advocacy, coalition-building and creative service solutions. Marty has extensive experience representing clients in the acquisition, sale, lease, development and construction of a variety of commercial real estate properties, including major healthcare facilities, office complexes and shopping centers. He has also represented lenders and developers in an assortment of structured finance transactions, many of which involved New Markets, Historic or Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
Earlier in his career, Marty had the distinction of serving as the partner-in-charge for the Cincinnati office of a statewide law firm, which made him the first African-American managing partner of a law firm in Cincinnati.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1984)
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1981)
- Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati
- United Way/American Red Cross Partnership Committee, Member
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Board of Directors and a Past Presiding Co-chair
- FreeStore/FoodBank, Secretary, Board of Trustees
- Corwine Foundation, Secretary
- Cincinnati Museum Center, Secretary, Board of Trustees
- Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel Program, Board of Directors
- Port of Greater Cincinnati Development Authority, former Member of Board of Directors
- Metropolitan Club, Past Chair, former member of the Board of Governors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law
- Selected for the Ohio Super Lawyers® List
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- “Power 100” List of The Most Influential African-American Attorneys by On Being a Black Lawyer
- Listed in Savoy Magazine's "Most Influential Black Lawyers"
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow