Appalachian Industrial Hemp and Medical Marijuana
282 Minnesota Avenue, Beckley, WV
West Virginia has been participating in pilot hemp programs for several years now. With the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, and recent legislative changes in the 2019 session, many opportunities are available. But, how do you know if these opportunities are right for you? We will discuss what the Farm Bill means, the limitations of the same, an update regarding hemp, medical marijuana and banking, law enforcement issues, and extraction/finished product issues in this 2 ½ hour session.
Seminar Topics Include:
- Update on Hemp issues from WV Legislature from 2019 session and changes to regulations
- Update on Medical Marijuana issues from WV Legislature from 2019 session
- Extraction, finished product and our moments in hemp growing
- Law Enforcement Issues and Potential SOPs or traffic stops involving hemp
- Compliance issues. industrial hemp regulation, permits, licensing and more
- Banking and financing for hemp businesses including raising capital
- Real estate and zoning issues producers/distributors need to consider
Who Should Attend?
- West Virginia agribusinesses and entrepreneurs interested in entering this emerging marketplace
- Law enforcement personnel interested in understanding what has been legalized as well as standard operating procedures