Understanding & Managing Unconscious Bias with Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
Bingham Office Center
30800 Telegraph Road
Bingham Farms, MI 48025
Join Dinsmore attorney James Reid for the first session of his breakfast briefing series. This session will be available as a live event and webcast.
The business case for diversity and inclusion has been well-publicized, and in an effort to maximize business outcomes, employers have adopted myriad programs and initiatives to attract and retain diverse talent and foster inclusive workplace cultures. In spite of their best efforts, unconscious biases that influence decision makers restrict many employers from fully realizing the benefits of diversity and inclusion.
In this session, James will examine:
(1) Key definitions and concepts of diversity and inclusion;
(2) The business case for diversity and inclusion;
(3) Unconscious bias as a normal part of the human experience;
(4) How unconscious biases impact decision-makers' interpretation of information; and
(5) Ways to reduce the impact of biases, both individually and structurally.