Over 34 years of experience in the field of public finance has given Dennis Schwallie unique insights and experience in assisting with a multitude of financings by Ohio state agencies as well as various political subdivisions throughout Ohio.
As bond counsel, he has facilitated bond and note issues for traditional governmental projects, such as water and sewer systems, primary and secondary school facilities, fire and public safety buildings and equipment, building improvements, airports and libraries. His bond counsel work also includes innovative structured financings, such as those for convention centers in Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio, and for political subdivisions undergoing fiscal distress (such as the City of Cleveland in 1980).
Mr. Schwallie has also served in a wide variety of other public finance-related roles such as special counsel in connection with lease and lease-purchase financings and economic development matters such as tax increment financings and tax abatements. Besides issuers of municipal debt, he has also served as special counsel to other market participants, such as underwriters, letter of credit banks and trustees.
He is a frequent speaker at seminars and training sessions sponsored by a variety of public finance and law-related organizations, such as the Ohio Association of School Business Officials, the Ohio School Boards Association, Buckeye Association of School Administrators, the Ohio Municipal League, the Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1978)
- University of Cincinnati (B.B.A., 1975)
- Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus, Ohio State and American Bar Associations
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association Government, Education & Construction Law Committee
- Administrative Council, Pope John XXIII Parish, Lithopolis, Ohio
- Adult literacy programs
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Public Finance Law
- Selected as "2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation Law" by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in Best Lawyers® in Central Ohio
- Chairman, State and Local Government Law Committee, Ohio State Bar Association, 1993-94
- Beta Gamma Sigma business honorary, 1975
- Named to the “Top Lawyers 2014” list by Columbus CEO Magazine