David is an attorney in the firm’s Litigation Department. He is an experienced trial attorney with an outstanding record of success trying complex cases in some of the most difficult venues in the nation. He routinely represents transportation companies, chemical companies, insurance carriers, employers, and other commercial clients at both the trial and appellate levels. David’s practice includes experience in products liability, including drug and medical device litigation, deliberate intent actions, class actions and other mass torts including claims of toxic chemical exposure and environmental damage. He has handled cases in state and federal courts throughout West Virginia and Kentucky, and has appeared pro hac vice on behalf of clients in the state and federal courts of Ohio.
He regularly represents insurance carriers as well as product manufacturers and distributors in a variety of litigation throughout West Virginia and Kentucky and has assisted product manufactures with product recalls and other regulatory issues. He currently represents two Fortune 500 chemical companies in a host of matters, including property disputes, franchise and contractual disputes, and chemical exposure claims. David has also represented employers throughout West Virginia concerning employees allegations of deliberate intent and unsafe workplace practices. He also has served as an expert witness concerning issues of insurance coverage and duties under an insurance policy for a large overseas insurance carrier. He routinely represents global transportation companies in matters such as premises liability, property disputes, chemical exposure, and occupational injury.
David participates in a wide variety of civic and community groups and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Ashland Child Development Center located in Ashland, Kentucky and as chairman of the Administrative Board for South Ashland United Methodist Church.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 1998)
- History and Political Science
- West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Northern District of West Virginia
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cabell County Bar Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), DRI's Insurance Practice Group, DRI’s Product Liability Group
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- Listed in Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation
- Named in Best Lawyers, Railroad Law
- Selected for the West Virginia Rising Stars® List