Dinsmore’s Labor & Employment Group has a wealth of experience in assisting employers in all traditional labor law matters. Our attorneys represent and counsel employers on all matters arising under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), including charges of unfair labor practices, as well as representation and election proceedings where a union is seeking to represent employees or employees are seeking to no longer have their current union represent them. During election campaigns, we work closely with our clients to provide both legal advice and practical strategies. We represent our clients both before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and through the appellate levels where necessary. In addition, we also represent clients in the public sector involving the same kind of traditional labor matters under applicable state laws.
Our services include:
- Representing management in all NLRA related proceedings, including unfair labor practice charges and hearings before administrative law judges and the NLRB
- Advising management in the handling and processing of grievances filed pursuant to a labor agreement’s grievance procedure
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements either as spokesperson at the bargaining table or as a behind the scenes advisor
- Presenting management’s case at labor arbitration hearings
- Representing management in strike-related proceedings, including injunction(s) in court or before the NLRB
- Defending against union organizing campaigns, including formulating and implementing management strategy to defeat organizing efforts
The Labor & Employment Practice Group’s wide ranging experience in NLRA-related legal issues provides our clients with the resources to deal with any traditional labor law issue.