Stacey is an accomplished attorney who dedicates the majority of her practice to health care providers. Prior to becoming an attorney, she acquired a unique set of skills with more than a decade of front-line experience as a medical researcher/scientist using her degrees in biochemistry and pathology.
Her background gives her a rare perspective as she represents health care providers and suppliers in all aspects of corporate transactions and regulatory compliance. Healthcare clients look to her for advice on joint ventures (including hospital-physician joint ventures), mergers, acquisitions, sales and employment-related transactions. Stacey also brings a wealth of experience in regulatory compliance and counsels clients on HIPAA, Stark, Anti-kickback Statute, and False Claims Act, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and overpayment matters. She has particular interest in counseling hospitals and other providers through internal compliance investigations, government audits/investigations, voluntary disclosures and settlement negotiations with state and federal government agencies.
Stacey represents health care clients, including physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, long-term care facilities, and hospitals. She serves as outside general counsel to a prosthetics manufacturer/supplier, the Ohio Optometric Association and Ohio Optometric Foundation, the Central Ohio Diabetes Association, and the Ohio Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers. She has also guided numerous physician groups through the sale and wind-up of their practice.
In addition to her practice, Stacey is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the board of the Ohio Optometric Foundation.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2003)
- University of San Diego School of Law (Comparative Law Program, 2001)
- in Paris, France
- Medical College of Ohio (M.S., 1996)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1992)
- Honors Program
- Distinguished Scholar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Momentum-Excellence, Inc. (non-profit)
- Board of Directors chair
- Ohio Optometric Foundation
- Board member
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars®
- 20 People to Know in the Law by Columbus Business First