Chris has a diverse practice that encompasses a variety of business and tax matters, with primary focuses on the needs of privately held businesses and their owners, as well as tax-exempt organizations, including charities, foundations, social welfare organizations, and business leagues. His practice includes business structuring and reorganizations, obtaining and maintaining federal tax-exemption, for-profit and nonprofit mergers, acquisitions, and other combinations and transfers, corporate governance, and tax planning for companies and individuals. Additionally, Chris’ practice includes estate and gift tax planning and business succession and asset protection planning.
He is a magna cum laude graduate of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he served as business editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. While in law school, he earned four CALI Awards for Excellence, including awards in Nonprofit Organizations and International Taxation and was the recipient of the Michael R. Tucker Memorial Award for the best student note on a business law topic.
Prior to joining the firm and law school, he was a financial analyst with General Electric. During his first three years of practice, Chris worked in the firm’s Cincinnati, Ohio office.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- Ohio State Law Journal, business editor
- Four CALI Awards for Excellence, including Nonprofit Organizations and International Taxation
- Michael R. Tucker Memorial Award
- University of Toledo (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Finance and Economics
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- United Way Emerging Leaders
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio