Dan is the managing partner of the Huntington office and has significant experience in the legal issues surrounding the formation, operation and disposition of business organizations, and litigation resolving commercial disputes. He provides general counsel to many small and large businesses in the Tri-State area, including those in the health care, financial services and manufacturing sectors.
He has a wide and varied practice with more than 30 years of experience in many business and legal issues faced by his clients. In addition to handling mergers and acquisitions on general corporate matters, he has extensive experience in negotiating physician employment, recruitment and financial arrangements, handling peer review and professional licensure matters, registering and licensing intellectual property rights, and litigating business disputes.
By providing a prompt, effective and cost conscious approach to his representation, Dan’s clients consider him a most trusted adviser who truly has their best interest at heart. Having grown up in West Virginia, he believes in giving back and takes an active role in his community.
Dan has been given a Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rating, which means he was deemed by a survey of his peers as having the highest ethical standards and preeminent legal ability. He is honored on Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been recognized by Super Lawyers® since 2015 and by Best Lawyers® since 2010 (Lawyer of the Year (2019, 2022, 2023).
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- West Virginia University (B.S., cum laude, 1989)
- Administration and Finance
- West Virginia
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- American Bar Association
- Cabell Huntington Hospital Foundation, Board of Trustees (2007 - 2012)
- Huntington Area Development Council, Board of Trustees (2015 - present)
- Guyan Golf and Country Club
- Board of Trustees (2008 - 2014, 2016)
- President (2012)
- Doctors Care of Cabell County, Inc., Board of Trustees
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers®
- Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Business Organizations (including LLC's and Partnerships) (2010 - present)
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Charleston for Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2019, 2023)
- "Lawyer of the Year" in Charleston for Corporate Law (2022)
- Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- West Virginia Super Lawyers®
- Business/Corporate (2015 - present)