Dan is an experienced litigator, passionate advocate, and trusted counselor who helps clients resolve high-stakes business disputes by collaborating to develop creative, business-oriented, and cost-effective solutions to legal problems. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation; shareholder, fiduciary duty, and post-merger litigation; securities litigation; and trade-secret litigation. Dan represents and counsels clients in the financial services, health care, software, manufacturing, energy, insurance, and pharmaceutical industries.
He practices in state and federal courts, as well as before arbitration panels and administrative agencies. He has tried cases to verdict, including as first chair; briefed and argued dipositive motions; examined and cross-examined expert and fact witnesses; taken and defended depositions of key witnesses; briefed and argued appeals; and managed complex e-discovery involving millions of documents. He also has a deep commitment to pro bono and community service litigation.
Before law school, Dan taught social studies and writing and coached the wrestling and debate teams at an under-resourced school in Eastern North Carolina as a member of Teach for America.
- University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- First Amendment Law Review, editor-in-chief
- DePauw University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Indiana Rising Star® (2016-2021)