Dan provides trusted counsel and advocacy to health care clients on a variety of matters, such as corporate compliance, provider credentialing, administrative proceedings and litigation. He also advises clients on practice formation and acquisition, as well as contract review and preparation. In recent years, Dan has helped health care companies and providers navigate through fraud and abuse investigations, antitrust reviews, and other white collar criminal matters. He is a frequent author and lecturer on telehealth and telemedicine issues.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Dan practiced for nearly seven years with the State Medical Board of Ohio, where he advised board members and agency personnel on issues related to licensure and professional ethics, as well as federal rules and regulations implicating the area of health care. His substantial regulatory experience enables him to bring a unique and insightful perspective to handling diverse and complex health care matters, and his thorough understanding of health care laws and policies helps him serve as a valuable resource to corporations, health care associations, hospitals, medical practices and individual practitioners.
In addition to his experience with federal and state health care regulatory agencies, in recent years Dan has counseled clients in the growing areas of cannabis and medical marijuana. He has successfully advised cultivators, processors, and dispensary applicants or license holders in numerous capacities, as well as counseled health care providers and medical centers seeking to incorporate and leverage medical marijuana as a treatment modality for their patients.
- Capital University School of Law (2005)
- CALI Award for Excellence
- Studied at the Center of International and European Economic Law in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Ohio University (B.A., 2002)
- Ohio, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Health Law Committee
- Administrative Law Committee
- Columbus Bar Association, Health Care Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Substance Use Disorders Task Force
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys, Ohio Hospital Association
- Sigma Chi National Fraternity
- Leadership Columbus