Doloris has been a leading figure in Cincinnati’s legal community for decades. She was the first woman to lead a large Cincinnati firm when she served as managing partner of Peck Shaffer & Williams from 2001-2008 and also served as the president of the Cincinnati Bar Association from 1991-1992.
She remains active in the community, currently serving as a trustee of the University of Cincinnati Foundation; as a member of the Board of Visitors of the University of Cincinnati’s College of Law; as co-chair of the College of Law’s Capital Campaign; and as a member of the Executive Committee of the Hamilton County Democratic Party. She has also served in many other roles for the University of Cincinnati and the Ohio State and Cincinnati Bar Associations.
The community has recognized her contributions several times. Doloris was named a YWCA Career Woman of Achievement in 1988, and UC’s College of Law gave her its Nicholas Longworth III Alumni Achievement Award in 1991 and its Distinguished Alumna Award in 2001.
During her active career, Doloris concentrated her practice on traditional government finance, with a special emphasis on all aspects of Ohio school district finance.
She represented more than 150 Ohio school districts in more than 30 counties, from large urban to suburban to rural and small-town districts, providing counsel on a wide variety of school finance issues. Doloris served as bond counsel when Cincinnati’s public schools issued $480 million in bonds for classroom construction and other improvements. At that time, it was the largest principal amount of bonds ever issued by a school district in the State of Ohio.
Throughout her career, Doloris developed relationships with officials in state agencies such as the Ohio School Finance Commission, the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Taxation. She continues to maintain relationships with state, local and national leaders on issues that affect public finance.
Doloris splits her basketball loyalties between Duke University, where she earned her undergraduate degree, and the University of Cincinnati, where she earned her law degree.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1978)
- University of Cincinnati (M.A., 1970)
- Duke University (A.B., 1965)
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- President (1991 - 1992)
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Steering Committee (1995 - 2000)
- Ohio Judicial Appointment Recommendation Panel (January 2007 - 2010)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Government Affairs Committee, of the Board of Governors (1993 - 1996)
- District One representative and chair
- State and Local Government and Education committees (1990 - present)
- Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company (1997 - present)
- Education and Loss Prevention Committee, chair
- Marketing Task Force; Executive Committee
- Ohio State Bar Foundation and American Bar Foundation, fellow
- University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Board of Visitors (1991 - present)
- UC College of Law Capital Campaign, co-chair (2008 - present)
- Hamilton County Democratic Party (1976 - present)
- County Central Committee
- Executive Committee
- Cincinnati Zoological and Botanical Gardens, trustee (1982 - 1993)
- Knox Presbyterian Church, elder (1986 - present)
- Leadership Cincinnati (1985 - 1986)
- University of Cincinnati Foundation (2003 - present)
- Executive Director Search Committee, chair (2006, 2012)
- Awards and Recognition Committee, chair
- Executive, Compensation and Strategic Planning committees
- Honorary Member from the Ohio Association of School Business Officials (2001)
- Distinguished Alumna Award from the University of Cincinnati College of Law (2001)
- Nicholas Longworth III Alumni Achievement Award from the University of Cincinnati College of Law (1991)
- YWCA Career Woman of Achievement (1988)
- Ohio Super Lawyer, Law and Politics Magazine (2004, 2006, 2008, 2009)