Edward represents clients in heavily-regulated industries who depend on his knowledge of their industries' complex rules and regulations. His practice includes public utility law, transportation law, beverage alcohol law, health care law, environmental law, and oil & natural gas law, each of which are unique fields with their own laws and standards. Edward represents utilities, landfills, waste hauling, transfer stations and other clients before administrative agencies, including the West Virginia Public Service Commission, and civil courts and defends clients after trucking accidents. He also advises clients on interstate commerce, licensing, permitting and other issues.
His practice includes beverage alcohol law for the spirits & wine industries and legalized gaming law. Edward has also been a professional registered lobbyist for more than two decades, including work as the lead lobbyist in West Virginia for the spirits & wine industries, the solid waste landfilling, and hauling industry.
Additionally, he represents health care companies in certificate of need and other licensing matters, as well as providing government relations services on their behalf.
The governor of West Virginia recently appointed him a West Virginia state fire commissioner. Those responsibilities include overseeing the West Virginia fire marshal’s criminal, civil, and administrative jurisdiction and services.
Edward serves as legal counsel to the United States Tae Kwon Do Association. He holds a 4th degree Black Belt and is a certified instructor. Edward continues to train and compete under the tutelage of former United States Olympic Coach, Grandmaster Sok Ho Kang.
- Oxford University (M.A. in Law, 1990)
- Oxford University (B.A. in Law, with honours, 1989)
- West Virginia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Appeals of Vermont
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
- West Virginia State Fire Commissioner
- Utilities, Energy, & Telecommunications Coalition (UTEC) of West Virginia, executive committee member
- National Association of State Lobbyists, board member
- West Virginia Vision Shared, board member
- Advantage Valley, board member
- Member, Distribution Committee of Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation
- West Virginia Business Roundtable, firm representative
- United States Taekwondo Association, legal counsel
- Thomas Hospital Foundation, Board of Directors, past member
- Buckskin Council of Boy Scouts of America, Board of Directors, past member
- Best Lawyers®
- Transportation Law and Government Relations Practice