Randy is a traditional, management-side labor lawyer with a strong focus on manufacturing and industrial clients. He spends the vast majority of his time at the bargaining table, in labor arbitration, or before the National Labor Relations Board. Throughout his career, he has represented Fortune 500 corporations in all aspects of labor relations. Randy recently returned to the private practice of law, having served his long-time client General Electric as Senior Executive Counsel – Head of U.S. Labor Relations for approximately two years.
His experience includes serving as lead negotiator/spokesperson for Fortune 500 corporations in hundreds of labor negotiations throughout the United States with virtually all major international unions, including the USW, UAW, IAM, IBT, IUE-CWA, and IBEW. Randy has been involved in numerous projects that have resulted in the restructuring of unionized workforces, pay, and fringe benefits. He has also assisted clients with labor issues that arise as a result of bankruptcy. He has represented employers in hundreds of labor arbitration cases involving issues ranging from contract interpretation, subcontracting, rate/incentives, discharge, and discipline. He also represents employers in unfair labor practice and representational proceedings, including NLRB trials and appeals, and he has obtained injunctive relief for clients due to unlawful and violent strike activity.
His experience includes counseling employers on equal employment opportunity, discrimination, wrongful discharge, non-competition and trade secrets, wage and hour, unemployment compensation, and employee benefits issues. Randy’s skillset, along with his detailed knowledge of his clients’ goals, allows him to provide big-picture advice to employers in all areas related to labor and employment. This enables clients to control costs, avoid expensive disputes, and efficiently resolve issues when they arise.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Earlham College (A.B., 1984)
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, National Council member and past-president of Law Alumni Association
- The Ohio State University Alumni Association, lifetime member
- Best Lawyers, 2005-2022
- Labor Law – Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Best Lawyers: Cincinnati “Lawyer of the Year,” Management-Labor, 2019
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Corporate Counsel, Top Labor and Employment Lawyers, 2008