Kat is a commercial litigator, who has a broad range of experience in financial services litigation, business and employment disputes, and white collar criminal defense. She has represented clients in a wide array of cases, including those involving government investigations and enforcement, breach of contract, consumer and commercial loan disputes, lender liability, non-compete and employment disputes, discrimination claims, insurance coverage disputes, transportation related disputes, and personal injury and wrongful death claims. Kat also has extensive experience assisting clients with SEC investigations and subpoena responses.
Kat counsels her clients through all phases of litigation, including initial case assessment, pre-litigation resolution, pleadings, discovery, dispositive motion practice, settlement, trial, and post-judgment proceedings. She has second-chaired both bench and jury trials, including a breach of contract trial involving a commercial construction loan where the court rendered a full defense verdict for her client. Clients and colleagues call upon Kat when they need someone likeable and persuasive –she has the ability to build strong working relationships with opposing counsel and judges, alike, and a knack for finding creative and efficient solutions for clients.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 2015)
- Michigan Journal of Private Equity & Venture Capital Law, notes editor
- University of Toledo (B.A., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Biopsychology, Women's Studies
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Best Lawyers®
- "Ones to Watch" in Columbus for Commercial Litigation (2021-2024)