Kiera focuses her practice on health care law. She regularly counsels health care clients on regulatory and compliance issues related to HIPAA, Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, False Claims Act, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and mandatory reporting obligations. She advises clients on a variety of corporate governance matters and corporate transactions. Kiera also has significant experience negotiating health information technology and supply chain agreements, including software license agreements, software as a service agreements, consulting and service agreements, medical equipment and device purchase agreements, data use agreements, and business associate agreements.
Early in her career, Kiera worked in-house for one of Central Ohio’s largest health care systems. During law school, she served as a managing editor of the Ohio State Technology Law Journal. To gain insight in the health care industry, Kiera earned a Master’s degree in Health Administration.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2019)
- The Ohio State University College of Public Health (M.H.A., 2019)
- Caswell Scholar, Robert J. Caswell Academic Achievement Award
- The Ohio State University, John Glenn College of Public Affairs (B.A., cum laude, 2015)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women for Economic Leadership Development
- American Health Law Association