Lindsay is a first-chair trial lawyer, a former federal and state prosecutor, and a trusted advisor. As a defense attorney, an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York, and an Assistant District Attorney in Brooklyn, Lindsay has logged well over 500 hours in jury trials, delivering opening and closing statements and cross-examining lay and expert witnesses in state and federal courtrooms. She recently obtained acquittals in a high-profile federal case, earning praise from peers, observers, and the judge.
Lindsay’s success for her clients goes beyond the courtroom. She has dissuaded prosecutors from bringing charges, successfully conducted internal investigations, and negotiated favorable resolutions with regulators. Lindsay’s practice covers criminal and civil matters, ranging from white-collar prosecutions to Title IX hearings to high value federal securities cases, as well as arbitrations.
Among her recent experiences, Lindsay:
- Obtained acquittals of the most serious 11 counts in an alleged $93 million health care fraud scheme, cross-examining over a dozen witnesses, including the government’s experts, and delivering the summation;
- Secured full dismissal of criminal charges against physician charged with sex-related offense;
- Negotiated a career-saving misdemeanor disposition for a financial advisor with $1 billion of assets under management, and represent other broker-dealers in SEC, FINRA, and other regulatory investigations;
- Obtained favorable result in a confidential Title IX matter;
- Successfully advised clients in crisis management through simultaneous civil litigation, SEC investigations, and DOJ criminal actions, including company executives and funds.
- Secured rare win on a motion to reduce a client’s term of federal supervised release, cutting his court-ordered supervision in half;
- Efficiently conducted internal investigations and narrowed subpoena and civil investigative demands; and
- Persuaded U.S. Attorney’s Office not to bring charges against client in a health care fraud investigation.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Lindsay had a long and successful career as a prosecutor. As an award-winning AUSA for almost seven years, Lindsay investigated and prosecuted some of the highest profile cases in one of the premier prosecutors’ office in the country. Her investigations included matters related to complex business, bank, and securities fraud, money laundering, bribery - including violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - tax and mortgage fraud, obstruction of justice, and racketeering. As a result, her investigations and resulting legal work have been featured in major news publications and media outlets, including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Bloomberg, CNN, and NBC News. Lindsay regularly worked alongside other components of the Department of Justice, as well as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Internal Revenue Service.
Lindsay forged her own path to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. She was recruited from the District Attorney’s office based on her reputation in the courtroom, having been one of the youngest in that office’s history to have been promoted to handle the most serious felony trials. In her nearly 15-year career as a prosecutor, Lindsay first-chaired more than 20 jury trials, as well as dozens of bench trials and hearings. She led hundreds of grand jury proceedings and cross-examined dozens of hostile witnesses, including more than 30 defendants.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Emory University (B.B.A., 2004)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio