With more than 25 years experience in public finance, Mary represents issuers, underwriters, banks and trustees in tax-exempt and structured taxable financings. Her public body clients have included state agencies, counties, cities, port authorities, conservancy districts, housing authorities and special financing districts.
Her familiarity with a wide variety of structures and market participants enables her to apply the most sophisticated financing techniques to her clients' public finance and structured taxable transactions.
Mary has guided financings in 16 states. Her work has resulted in successful projects for governmental, health care, higher education and other nonprofit institutions, as well as industrial and economic development, housing and environmental projects.
She has been the featured speaker at seminars and conferences on public finance, non-profit finance, port authorities and health and long-term care finance.
After obtaining her law degree, Mary served as a law clerk to Judge Alan Norris, Federal Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Prior to her law career, she served as a legislative aide to the speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1987)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance, Ohio Chapter, charter member, secretary
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- BalletMet Columbus
- Board of Trustees
- Executive committee member
- Past chairman of the board
- Franklin County Infrastructure Bank Loan Advisory Board, board member
- City of Columbus, Housing Task Force, past member
- St. Agatha School Advisory Board, past member