Ritu focuses her practice on patent preparation and prosecution for both domestic and foreign cases. Her background in electrical, computer, and industrial engineering enables her to flexibly work within and across multiple technical areas. She previously worked as an application engineer, building programmable logic controller (PLC) expertise integrating proprietary software and hardware across multiple industrial factory sites. She has significant experience working with intellectual property in the biomedical, mechanical, software, and electronic realms.
Ritu has a wealth of experience in telecommunications and mobile device-based communications, as well as automated guided and autonomous vehicle technologies. She has worked on a number of applications directed to integrated circuit and memory chip design, very-large scale integration (VLSI) and complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) technologies, semiconductor devices, power generation, artificial intelligence, neural networks, machine learning, and big data.
She has in-depth knowledge about patent eligibility issues surrounding software and electrical arts and has drafted and prosecuted numerous patent applications in these areas, being instrumental in their allowance both domestically and internationally. She is adept at working with clients to draft and prosecute patent applications, provide validity and infringement opinions, and handle freedom to operate and prior art analysis. Ritu also has experience working with clients on licensing agreements, due diligence projects, and patent litigation. She has worked with a variety of clients, such as Allstate, Toyota, Crown Equipment, C.R. Bard/Becton Dickinson, Roche, Caterpillar Trimble Control Technologies, Provenance Asset Group, Airstream, and the University of Cincinnati.
She is a frequent speaker and author about intellectual property topics.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2007)
- The Ohio State University (M.S., 2014)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Northwestern University (B.S., 2002)
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA) of North America Foundation Board, Trustee/Treasurer (2018 - 2020)
- Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel Program (GCMCP), programming committee member (2019), member (2011-present)
- Society of Women Engineers South Ohio Section, President (2016 - 2018)
- Northwestern University Alumni Club of Greater Cincinnati, President (2015 - present)
- Network of Indian Professionals of North America (2008 - 2015), President (2012 - 2014)
- Network of Indian Professionals Foundation, President (2012 - 2014)
- Junior League (2008 - present)
- Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, board member (2012 - 2013)
- YWCA Rising Star Leadership Program, Class of 2012
- Renaissance Family and Children’s Center, board member (2008 - 2009)
- Arsenal Family and Children’s Center, board member (2008 - 2009)