Ron practices in commercial/business law, commercial lender financing law, and wealth-transfer planning/probate law. These areas are interrelated and often overlap among his client base.
His more recent commercial/business practice includes business entity selection and formation; business succession planning; business operations (e.g., management, employment, financing, taxation, contract and real estate matters); sale and acquisition transactions; and entity ownership matters and related owner agreements.
Ron's wealth transfer planning experience includes federal gift tax and estate tax planning; preparation of various estate planning documents; advice, counsel, and document preparation about life insurance matters and charitable giving/bequest matters; advice and counsel about probate and estate administration matters, including serving as counsel for personal representatives and preparation of death-tax returns; and advice and counsel to grantors and trustees about trust-administration matters.
- University of Michigan (J.D.)
- Indiana University (J.D.)
- Butler University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Best Lawyers®
- “Lawyer of the Year,” Closely Held Companies & Family Business Law, Indianapolis (2018)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law and Trusts and Estates (2013 - 2019, 2022)
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships (2022)