Sarah practices general civil litigation focusing on tort and insurance defense and commercial litigation. Her experience includes commercial motor vehicle accidents and automobile negligence, premises liability, as well as product liability and breach of warranty matters. Her clients include national restaurants and national retailers among others.
In her representation of national motor carriers, she has experience in rapid response post-accident investigations, including being on scene to begin to gather information. Knowing that time is of the essence in many accident investigations, she works quickly to review materials , interview witnesses, secure evidence, and begin to build a defense strategy, whether it be early resolution or litigation including trial.
She also has experience in Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) and railroad defense, as well as health care law, including investigating multi-state hospital reporting requirements and drafting document retention policies.
Sarah has successfully tried FELA cases, as well as commercial motor vehicle accident and commercial contract dispute matters. She has also successfully argued for clients before various state and federal courts, including at the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has extensive experience in pre-trial, expert witness, and dispositive/Daubert motion strategy, all targeted to leverage a favorable outcome at mediation or trial. Sarah tried a bench trial regarding a commercial lease dispute in 2017, which was successfully appealed to the Kentucky Court of Appeals resulting in a material recovery for her client. She also regularly argues commercial lease terms related to defense and indemnity on behalf of national retailers and is familiar with complex commercial leases.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah served as a federal judicial law clerk for Judge Thomas B. Russell of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Louisville Law Review, Journal of Law and Education
- University of Louisville (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court, associate member (2014 - 2016)
- Louisville Bar Association, Public Service Committee, Chair (2020)
- Lawyers Mutual of Kentucky, board member
- The Claims Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Director of Membership, Kentucky Chapter and Member of Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality Community
- Women in Foodservice Forum, member
- Women in Trucking, member
- Kentucky Rising Stars®
- Difference Maker Award in Honor of Alice J. Neeley (2018)