Sarah practices general civil litigation focusing her practice on tort and insurance defense and commercial litigation. Her experience includes commercial motor vehicle accidents and automobile negligence, premises liability, as well as product liability and breach of warranty matters. In her representation of national motor carriers, she has experience in rapid response post-accident investigations, including being on scene to being to gather information.
She also has experience in Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) and railroad defense, as well as health care law, including investigating multi-state hospital reporting requirements and drafting document retention policies.
She successfully tried a FELA case to unanimous jury verdict for our client in July 2014 and has since tried a commercial motor vehicle accident case (2015), as well as commercial contract dispute (2017). She has also successfully argued for clients before various state and federal courts, including at the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has extensive experience in pretrial, expert witness and dispositive/Daubert motion strategy, all targeted to leverage a favorable outcome at mediation or trial.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah served as a federal judicial law clerk for Judge Thomas B. Russell of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
- Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Louisville Law Review, Journal of Law and Education
- University of Louisville (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Executive Committee
- Louisville Bar Association, Public Service Committee
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court, associate member (2014 - 2016)
- Blackacre Conservancy, board member (2015 - present), secretary (2016 - present)
- Kentucky Rising Stars®
- Difference Maker Award in Honor of Alice J. Neeley (2018)