Scott focuses his practice on real estate matters. He prides himself on assisting clients on all sides of transactions and guiding them through a variety of real estate issues. That approach enables him to be as capable drafting and negotiating leases for small businesses as he is overseeing acquisitions and dispositions for large companies, and as comfortable working with individuals as he is presenting to boards and commissions.
His experience includes drafting and interpreting contracts, recorded documents, and related agreements; completing due diligence and coordinating closings for real estate transactions; managing rezoning and tax exemption processes; collaborating with government entities; and providing counsel on statutes, regulations, and case law.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Ohio State Law Journal
- The Christopher M. Fairman Award
- Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student Award
- CALI Awards for Excellence (highest grade): Critical Race Theory, Legislation Clinic, State & Local Government
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2008)
- Political Science
- Outstanding Senior Award