Tim is an attorney with more than two decades of experience in health care-related fields. He has worked as in-house counsel and external counsel for non-profit and commercial health care organizations, health systems, hospitals, physicians and physician groups, joint ventures, and other corporate clients. Most recently, Tim served in the role of general counsel of a regional health system, working closely with the executive team and board to further the organization’s strategic mission and significantly improve operating revenues.
In his practice, Tim has addressed a wide range issues related to health care regulatory compliance, fair market value, internal investigations, risk management, medical staff and licensure issues, research, conflicts of interest, managed care contracting, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions that have led to significant growth for his corporate clients. He has negotiated deals with global pharma, medical device, and health care corporations, as well as numerous regional and national health care nonprofits. Given his previous in-house roles, he has an intimate knowledge of hospital and physician practice operations, finance, and reimbursement issues.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1996)
- Physical Therapy
- Society of Ohio Health Care Attorneys
- President (2020-2021)
- Vice president (2108 - 2019)
- Secretary (2016 - 2017)
- Board member (2013 - 2015)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Health Lawyers Association, Children’s Hospital Affinity Group, vice chair of Strategic Activities (2014 - 2015)
- Leadership Columbus (2013)
- Columbus Bar Association, chair of the Health Law Committee (2007 - 2009)
- Ohio Rising Star (2009)