Tim is an attorney with more than two decades of experience in health care-related fields. He has worked as in-house counsel and external counsel for non-profit and commercial health care organizations, health systems, hospitals, physicians and physician groups, joint ventures, and other corporate clients. Most recently, Tim served in the role of general counsel of a regional health system, working closely with the executive team and board to further the organization’s strategic mission and significantly improve operating revenues.
In his practice, Tim has addressed a wide range of issues related to health care regulatory compliance, fair market value, internal investigations, risk management, medical staff and licensure issues, research, conflicts of interest, managed care contracting, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other corporate transactions that have led to significant growth for his corporate clients. He has negotiated deals with global pharma, medical device, and health care corporations, as well as numerous regional and national health care nonprofits. Given his previous in-house roles, he has an intimate knowledge of hospital and physician practice operations, finance, and reimbursement issues.
Tim has spent a good portion of his legal career on life sciences regulatory and transactional issues. In this capacity, Tim has worked on research compliance matters related to IRBs and human subject protections, informed consent, subject injury, conflict of interest, HIPAA privacy and security, and quality outcome studies. He also has extensive experience with transactional issues in the life sciences area, including contracting matters related to clinical trials, investigator-initiated arrangements, material transfers, tech transfer, NIH grants, federal contracts, consulting, speaker, and scientific advisory boards.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2003)
- The Ohio State University (B.S., 1996)
- Physical Therapy
- Society of Ohio Health Care Attorneys
- President (2020-2021)
- Vice president (2018 - 2019)
- Secretary (2016 - 2017)
- Board member (2013 - 2015)
- American Health Law Association
- Children’s Hospital Affinity Group, vice chair of Strategic Activities (2014 - 2015)
- Leadership Development Program for the Medical Staff, Credentialing, and Peer Review Practice Group
- Leadership Columbus (2013)
- Columbus Bar Association, chair of the Health Law Committee (2007 - 2009)
- St. Charles Preparatory School, Entrepreneurship Club, moderator (2018-present)
- Ohio Rising Star (2009)