Diana is an experienced attorney who concentrates her practice on labor and employment matters and commercial litigation. She counsels clients on day-to-day business and personnel matters, including the protection of trade secrets, enforcement of non-compete agreements, hiring and firing decisions, and compliance with various state and federal employment and traditional labor laws. Diana works with Human Resources Departments as well as in-house counsel to analyze each labor or employment issue and strategize the best course of action towards resolution. In addition, she counsels and guides clients on implementing and revising workplace policies and procedures to ensure best practices and legal compliance. She also defends employers in a variety of labor and employment disputes, including claims arising under the National Labor Relations Act, Title VII, the Ohio Civil Rights Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and its Amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. She has experience at all stages of preparing a matter for arbitration or trial, from managing discovery to drafting briefs and motions to handling post-trial appeals.
Her litigation experience extends into the commercial realm, where she has handled a number of business disputes across a variety of industries, including breach of contract matters, disputes involving fraud, construction law matters, breach of fiduciary duty cases, and a variety of contractual and regulatory issues arising in the health care industry. Diana has practiced before both state and federal courts, as well administrative bodies, including the American Arbitration Association, Ohio Department of Job & Family Services, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and National Labor Relations Board.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Diana served as a law clerk to John D. Holschuh, United States District judge for the Southern District of Ohio.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2009)
- Order of the Barristers
- Order of the Curia
- Capital University Law Review
- The Ohio State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Criminology and Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Columbus Young Professionals Club
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Trial Academy Alumni Network