Joe specializes in commercial real estate development and investments across all asset classes, including structuring complex joint venture relationships, private equity placement, public-private partnerships, and mezzanine financings. He also devotes a significant portion of his practice to representing purchasers and sellers of real estate, landlords, and tenants in commercial leasing matters and borrowers and lenders in commercial finance transactions. His clients include a diverse cross-section of national and regional real estate development companies and privately-held organizations. He also speaks on many real estate topics at seminars across the region.
In addition to his practice, he has served as corporate counsel to the CIT Group, Inc. and as general counsel to a health care specialty lender. Joe is also a member of the firm's Board of Directors.
- Indiana University School of Law (J.D.)
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business (M.B.A.)
- Duke University (A.B.)
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Business Law Executive Committee, past chairman
- Indiana Bar Association
- Zionsville Board of Zoning Appeals, past member
- Chambers USA®: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Real Estate (2007 - present)
- Best Lawyers®
- Real Estate Law (2014 - present)
- Super Lawyers® (2013 - present)