Devon’s practice primarily focuses on advising and defending employers of all sizes in a wide range of labor and employment contexts. He has represented employers in matters including compliance and litigation regarding the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the National Labor Relations Act, defamation of employees, and employment contract law.
Devon has substantial experience defending employers in litigation and trials in state and federal courts across the country. Further, Devon has defended countless charges filed with the Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and similar state employment commissions. He also works closely with employers to ensure that problems do not reach litigation by consulting on appropriate methods to manage risk in the workplace and performing workplace training.
Devon received his J.D. cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he also served as the editor-in-chief of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, editor-in-chief
- Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law
- CALI Award for Excellence: Entrepreneurial Business Law Clinic
- Public Service fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition
- Otterbein University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Political Science
- Economics (minor)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio