Cassie focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters and banking and financial services law. Her skills particularly relate to consumer retail products, mortgage lending, enforcement, and protection, real estate title protections, collections, bankruptcy, and consumer banking compliance.
Cassie assists both local and national clients with everything from questions on internal procedures to complex litigation strategy. She has represented clients in both state and federal courts related to Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, garnishment proceedings, executions, and adversary bankruptcy proceedings. Cassie’s experience in all aspects of litigation, including pre-lawsuit investigation and compromise, case analysis, discovery, motion practice, and trial advocacy, have allowed her to successfully represent clients seeking to enforce and defend their rights.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Moot Court Board, president and member of the National Competition Team
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law, staff editor
- Kentucky Inn of Court, 2018 student apprentice
- Women’s Law Caucus, mentorship chair
- CALI Award in Insurance Law
- Swinford Club, best oral argument
- Ashland University (B.A., 2010)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
Fayette County Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section Board member
Fayette County Bar Foundation - Young Lawyer’s representative
Legal Aid of the Bluegrass Attorney Volunteer