Matthew’s practice is concentrated in commercial litigation with an emphasis on representing lenders and creditors in consumer litigation. He also handles estate planning, bankruptcy, and other general litigation matters. He brings a background in banking and mortgage origination. Before beginning a legal career, Matthew was a branch manager for Wells Fargo Financial, where he originated mortgages and other consumer loans.
His personal experience and background in loan origination serves him well in representing banks and debt collectors in claims brought under the West Virginia Consumer Credit Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and various other consumer statutes.
Matthew also handles a variety of collection matters, including commercial debt collection and commercial and residential foreclosures.
He is active in the community, including volunteering for HeathyTriState.org, which hosts the annual St. Mary’s Marshall Marathon; volunteering for Penny Power, a program that aids needy children; volunteering/coaching with various youth sports in Ceredo/Kenova; and sits on the board of the Ceredo/Kenova Little League, serving as treasurer.
- Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Marshall University (B.B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- HealthyTriState.org, volunteer
- Ceredo/Kenova sports leagues, volunteer/board member
- Generation Huntington
- C-K Area Business Association
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia