With an aggressive approach to handling labor and employment matters, David’s ability to learn his client’s business and adapt a strategy to suit their needs enables his clients to move forward with confidence. In addition to being a seasoned litigator who never shies away from taking a case to trial when the circumstances merit, he has experience with third-party mediations and arbitrations, allowing his clients to reach alternative resolutions short of the courtroom when possible.
David handles all varieties of employment challenges for clients, ranging from on-the-job injuries and workers’ compensation cases to trade secrets/non-compete matters to general employment and contract disputes between businesses. His clients hail from a variety of industries, including manufacturing companies, leasing companies and construction businesses, requiring a thorough understanding of each client’s operations. He works diligently to assess and evaluate each case, working with the client to prevent litigation and explore settlement options when they exist. However, when litigation becomes inevitable, David’s experience in state and federal courts enables him to tailor an efficient strategy that accomplishes the client's objective.
His business knowledge and litigation experience enable him to work with clients in the construction business, representing construction managers, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in a variety of construction law matters, including contract disputes, delay claims and project defects.
Additionally, David served as a law clerk for United States District Court Eastern District of Kentucky Judge William O. Bertelsman from 1994-1995.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1994)
- Law Review, lead articles editor
- Moot Court National Team
- Murray State University (B.A., cum laude, 1990)
- Business Administration
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Chase College of Law, adjunct professor (1994 - 2003)
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers© for Construction Litigation Law and Labor and Employment Litigation